Monday, June 17, 2013

Book Review: Embers in a Dark Frost by Kelly Keaton

I've had Kelly Keaton's Gods and Monsters series on my TBR pile for a while now. But I decided to skip over that and go for her self published book. Embers in a Dark Frost is the first of a two part book series.

Flame haired Diera D'Anu has been shunned all her life. As a half blood (she is half human) she is feared and hated. The humans stole the light from her world, Innis Fail. Now darkness and frost take up more and more of that lands. When the Fire-Breathers leader, Balen sees Diera he believes she is the key to bringing the light back to Innis Fail

I was not prepared for how much I loved this book. If I had known that I was going to enjoy it so much I would have waited for its sequel because I soooooo want to find out what happens next. I loved the growing relationship between Diera and Balen. For me though the most interesting character was Nox, lord of the underworld. I want to learn more about him. I admit it I have a think for the bad boys and he is sexy bad boy to the  max!  I'm sure you've already guessed I'm giving Embers in a Dark Frost a 5 out of 5 stars! oh and I forgot to mention that gorgeous cover...and the cover whore in me highly approves of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment